Saturday, January 15, 2011

last minute help at wedding

By humphrey.john - Jul 8, 2010
"Desperate times calls for desperate measures, but what if there is no time at all, like my daughter Anna, who just announced her wedding with her handsome boyfriend, believe me all hell broke loose there was so much to do and so less time. Going to the beautician for hair straightening was even better, fortunately my neighbor was of great assistance, her Babyliss hair straightener and Remington hair dryer got the better of my hair. The results were breath taking and the entire wedding was spent explaining that I simply did not go to a beauty parlor.

I would not hide the appreciation I got for the cake and pastries which I managed to make in a few hours for the entire party with the aid of Kenwood blender also the Krups coffee maker that my husband purchased a few days beack, was on perpetual demand by our guests.

This was easy but preparing something for the snacks has never been better, especially when you are equipped with gadgets like Philips ice cream maker and Morphy Richards deep fryers. The kids just love the ice-cream and French fries which were both mouth watering and taste makers for burgers and soda. I still remember how happy I was after the marriage these home appliances though look like cute little pieces of human ingenuity but paved a great path for saving time and money spent on the wedding.

The wedding was just one part the after effect was a poignant headache and back ace, I was reluctant to ask Jim my husband for a massage, as he was tired as bull, but then I saw a gift, that my daughter left for me ,before leaving tagged, “all your pains are gone”, anxious I opened the gift and to my surprise it happened to be a Homedics shiatsu massager. My girl knew exactly that her mother would require a full hot back massage especially since I have a severe cervical spondilities.

In another wrap, which was for Jim, tagged, “do not let it rise” , was Resperate ultra blood pressure lowering device , Anna has always been like that very concern and decent kid worrying out of turn for us especially for Jim since his last stroke which was a result of high blood pressure. Gifts like these from your kids make you a proud parent and vouches for the fact that you did gave your child a conjile upbringing.

When the party was over and the house was clean one of my friends asked me how did I managed the entire wedding at such short notice, I just added in such a small budget not the least Philips ice cream maker and Morphy Richards deep fryers which acted as my helper while cooking and Babyliss hair straightener and Remington hari dryer were my personal beautician.

My friend was indeed astounded by the time and money I saved, which was later spent on my daughters honeymoon package to Hawaii.

I believe I am a proud and a smart mother and a homemaker who knows how to cut pieces and make a coat, what are you?

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.